Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Mind Bending Principles (Part 1)

Kurt Vonnegut once said something along the lines that you can really only write these days as a form of catharsis and/or for pleasure; not for money.  This is probably a relief for some people who had thought that they might make a living writing - hey, no more pressure, Kurt Vonnegut once said it's not possible.  On the other hand, there's much more shit to sift through via online media (like this shit that nobody is reading).  I suppose, or I've heard, that some people make some money doing this.  I once tried to submit some writing to some online web zine about wearing a supersuit.  I guess it didn't get published?  I guess I never got paid?  Based on this information, I write for the purpose of catharsis. 

 K.V. also once said that if you can't write clearly, then you probably don't think that clearly.  He is correct about this.  I use this information non-traditionally, that is, not to check how clearly I think.  I already have gauged my thinking which can be best described by a snow-fogged evening with a bright light on the horizon casting a wide aura.  I now use writing to insure that my thinking is clear; to sharpen it if possible (hoping to move from snow-fogged evening to early spring morning, 1 mile clear visibility).  So, the rule is used not as a test, but rather as a therapy.  For the record, I've used this K.V. quote in this blog before (K.V., rest his soul, gets "quoted," more or less, 4 other times in this blog as my research indicates). 

Therefore, the justification for this publication, other than further adding to the heaping shit-pile of internet postings, is for a) my own well-being, and b) to check myself (before I wreck myself). 

Thanks for listening.

Your Captain,

T.M. Witherspear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home