Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Plagiarized Sunday Afternoon Meditation

Here at Extension54, we're often concerned with the state of our world. The past weeks have been trying for all of us, with rumors of nuclear holocaust always around the corner, when our leaders lead by fear instead of true strength. To conquer our fear, I offer the following:


I'm reduced to a whine and a whimper, obsessed
with feelings of doomsday.
I arrive at your doorstep, sooner or later,
loaded with guilt,
overturned with the need for forgiveness.
And then I find myself at home
and you embrace my broken spirit into wholeness.
Yes, bruised and battered, I am,
but accepted and loved I am.
That reality is like a cool drink on a hot day.
It is like ointment on a deep cut.
It is healing and hopeful
this arrival your doorstep;
sooner or later,
I unload and my spirit is filled anew.

-anonymous

2 Comments:

Blogger fiestawizard said...

I want to live it, breath it, put it in my eye. Soul vomit it is; warm and chunky. Chunks that fit into my own soul like pieces of the infinite dream puzzle... slender... quiet.

12:21 PM  
Blogger B.O.R.T. said...

yep. suck the lemon.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home